Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God's Precious, Unfailing Love

How precious is God’s unfailing love for us. I have been reminded of that this morning in my personal prayer time. God’s love for me never fails. He has an unfailing love for me that never changes, never alters, never wavers. He is the same toward me all the time. He loves me unconditionally, regardless of my present thoughts or circumstances. He ever loves me. He is the One constant in my life in this ever-changing world. I can always depend on Him.

He led me to Psalm 103:1-5, a very familiar passage for me and showed me the extent of His love for me. These verses say it all. It covers everything for our lives. Let’s look at them again in several versions of the Bible. First, let’s look at the King James Version.

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness, and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s

The Amplified Bible reads as follows:
Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits----
Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercy;
Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle’s [strong, overcoming, soaring]!

The New Living Translation reads as follows:
Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

We are to bless the Lord, praise Him with gratitude and affection, with everything that is within us. We are to bless His holy name. And we are to remember ALL His benefits. What benefits we have! He forgives ALL our sins, iniquities. He heals ALL our diseases. He redeems our life, ransoms us from the destruction of death, from its corruption. I might add here that means fear, since fear of death is the root cause of all fear. He surrounds us with His unfailing love, His love and compassion for us. He satisfies our mouth, our life with good things and our youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Our youth is renewed by the Lord Himself. He is the fountain of youth that people have been looking for all their lives.

I have a number of references in my NLT Bible that I am going to share with you the rest of this Pearls of Wisdom.

Psalm 49:15 in the NLT says that God will redeem my life. He will snatch me from the power of death.
Of course, we know that the power of life and death are in our tongue.

Isaiah 40:29-31 in the NLT reads this way: He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint (Amplified: grow tired).

Psalm 16:11 in the NLT: You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Psalm 36:7,8,9 NLT: How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. For you are the fountain of life, and the light by which we see,

Psalm 139:17,18 NLT: How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can’t count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!