Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

You Are Chosen and Destined For Greatness

You are chosen and destined for greatness.

The minute you were conceived in your mother’s womb, you were chosen and destined for greatness. God had you on His mind long before you were born. Look at Psalm 139:13-18 and 1-6. I love it in the New Living Translation. Listen to this with your heart and let the Word of God minister to you and wash away any doubt of your value, of your worth to God. He loves you. You are special to Him. You are the apple of His eye.

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous----and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You both precede and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!

Do you see from these passages how much God cares for you and watches over you? He loves you with a love that would not let you take the punishment you deserved. He loves you with a love that will not let you alone in your sin. He loves you with a love that will not leave you nor forsake you. He loves you, yes, you.

We have an enemy. His name is satan. He is the devil. He hates us and wants one thing for us. He wants us to think that we are no good, are not worth anything and even if we are worth anything, we will never have anything because we are not capable of having the kind of faith that it takes to be somebody.

Well, let me put to rest these lies right now. Satan is a liar and the father of liars. He is no good. God is the Father of Truth. He is good. He thinks you are valuable, precious, like the finest jewelry in the earthly realm. You are a gem, one of a kind, designed by the Maker Himself, and He does not make any mistakes in creating you. You are His creation, created in His likeness when you are born again, when you become His child. And your Father, in Whose image you are created, is perfection itself. He doesn’t create any seconds. We are all firsts, first in His mind and first in quality. The quality control of heaven is perfect, no imperfections.

I don’t care what you think. What you must ponder is what God thinks about you. Focus on His Word regarding your preciousness. Study His Word to find out what He thinks about you. Meditate His Word in your mind and heart until you have a clear image of what you look like in the Kingdom of God. Then carry that image until you see it become reality in this earth. Nothing is impossible with God. What has He shown you about your destiny? What has He chosen you to do? You do have a place and a purpose. You were not just randomly created.

In Jeremiah 29:11 God tells us that He gives us a future and an expected end, a hope in our outcome in life. We have been doing a series on hope and the Lord showed me in that teaching that hope is an eager anticipation that is developed from meditation of the Word of God. Bible hope comes from the Word of God. The Word develops an expectancy in us that is not quenched by any earthly evidence contrary to that expectancy.

In Jeremiah 31:3 God tells us that He has loved us with an everlasting love. He tells us that His love draws us to Himself and that He continues faithfully to love us. He is faithful in His devotion to us. He is faithful in His lovingkindness toward us. He is faithful, loving, and eternal. He never changes His mind or fails to express His love for us.

God has chosen you. He has destined you for a great plan. His plans for you are good plans. The thing you and I have to do is to yield to Him, to allow Him to do what he needs to do to accomplish that plan. He knows the future. And one thing I need to point out to all of us is that the Holy Spirit dwells within each of us as God’s children and He shows us things to come, if we are in close communion with Him.

God has a love for you that cannot be quenched or stopped. He loves you unconditionally. His love does not depend on how you act or what you do wrong or your bad attitude. He has a plan for you. Yield yourself to Him completely and let Him work in your life. He is calling you to higher places in Him and deeper understanding of His ways, that you may complete the work He has called you to do. Yield to His plan for your life. All you have to do is ask for direction and then listen for instructions. He will never fail you nor forsake you. He is right there.