Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Worship Him

Yesterday we talked about worshipping the Lord in spirit and in truth. Today let’s put into practice what we learned yesterday.

Starting with Psalm 95, let’s worship Him.

I come before you, Lord, with singing and make a joyful noise to You Who are the Rock of my salvation. I come before Your presence with thanksgiving and make a joyful noise to You with songs of praise. Lord, You are a great God and a great King above all gods. In Your hand are the deep places of the earth; the strength of the hills is Yours also. The sea is Yours; You made it; Your hands formed the dry land. I come before You and worship You; I bow down before You; I kneel before You, Lord, You Who are my Maker. You are my God and I am Your child. Today I hear Your voice.

Psalm 96
I sing to You, Lord, a new song; I sing to You, Lord, with all the earth. I sing to You, Lord and bless Your name. I thank You that You show forth Your salvation from day to day. I declare Your glory to everyone and I proclaim Your marvelous works among all the people I meet. For You are great, Lord, and greatly to be praised. I reverence and worship You above all gods. Honor and majesty are before You, Lord; strength and beauty are in Your sanctuary. I ascribe to You, Lord, glory and strength. I give glory to Your name; I bring my offering of praise and come before You into Your courts. I worship You, Lord, in the beauty of holiness; I reverence You with all the earth. I say: Lord, You reign; the world also is established by You so that it cannot be moved; You judge people with righteousness. Let the heavens be glad and rejoice and let all the earth be glad; let the sea roar and all the things that fill it. Let the field and all that is in it be joyful. Then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice. I sing for joy before You, Lord.

Psalm 98
I sing to You, Lord, a new song, for You have done marvelous things; Your right hand and Your holy arm have gotten You the victory. Lord, thank You, for You have made known Your salvation; Your righteousness You have openly shown to all the nations. You have remembered Your mercy and Your truth toward me; I have seen Your salvation. I make a joyful noise to You, Lord; I make a loud noise and rejoice and sing praise. I sing to You, Lord, and make a joyful noise to You.

Psalm 99
Lord, Your reign over my life. You are a greet God. You are high above all the earth and all people. I praise You; I praise Your great, awesome name with reverence. Your name is holy. You are holy. I exalt You, Lord my God and worship You for You are holy.

Psalm 100
I make a joyful noise to You, Lord. I serve You with gladness and come before Your presence with singing. I know that You are God; it is You Who have made me and not me myself. I am Your child and You are my shepherd. I enter into Your gates with thanksgiving and into Your courts with praise; I am thankful to You and bless Your name. Lord, You are good and Your mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting; Your faithfulness and truth endure to all generations.

Psalm 101
I will sing of Your mercy and loving-kindness. O Lord, I will sing to You.

Doesn’t it set your day when you speak these confessions, praising God for Who He is, worshipping Him, basking in His presence? I find this time with Him especially precious in the early morning hours or late at night when all is quiet and the world is at rest or just waking up. Practice His Presence by declaring His goodness. Think about His love for you. Ponder His absolute desire for you as His child. Let your day be governed by knowing He loves you.