Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, April 11, 2008

I Marvel At God's Goodness

Today has been one of those days when I have marveled at all that God has created. Have you ever had one of those days when everything you see reminds you of the greatness of God, His magnificence, His beauty and glory? Well, today has been one of those days for me. There is nothing in particular that has caused me to have one of those days other than meditating on how awesome God is.

I woke up this morning with the beautiful song of one of the birds around our yard. He was singing as if his life was absolutely perfect. Then I got up and the sun was shining brightly and the sky was blue and the white puffy clouds accentuated the blue sky. It was one of those mornings when all creation shouts and praises its creator.

I had a number of errands to run, including one to pick up some azaleas to plant and to pick up my new glasses. As I cruised along the highway, the leaves of the trees are coming out. The flowering trees are beautiful. The spring flowers are popping out all over. Even the evergreen trees looked especially green today.

And I thanked God all the way home for the technology that allows me to see so clearly through what we call eyeglasses. I have once again started confessing and believing God for perfect 20-20 vision without glasses. I have gotten lazy in my confession over my eyes and saw the results when I had my last eye checkup. I have not had to have a new prescription in years and years. It was rather disappointing, but I know what I have to do. My confession now is that I have perfect 20-20 vision without glasses and that my eyes are blessed. The Blessing of the Lord is working in my eyes, creating perfect vision again.

As I was reminded concerning my physical vision, I also reminded myself to stay on target with spiritual vision. And I asked the Lord to keep me focused spiritually, not allowing my spiritual vision to grow out of focus or grow dim. Neither my physical nor my spiritual eyesight grows dim, but it grows sharper and sharper, clearer and clearer.

God is so good to us. He provides everything we need and also that we desire. After all, it is He Who puts those desires in us. Yes, I do have desires for things that He has placed in my heart, things that will bring me delight and pleasure. I love beautiful paintings, beautiful dishware, beautiful homes, beautiful lawns, beautiful landscaping, beautiful books. I love those things, and I used to put myself down for that until the Lord reminded me that He created me to love those things. He wants me to enjoy them. The secret is not to let things control my life or dictate what I do. Enjoy what you have and let God provide you with His treasures, His gifts He has especially designed for you. He loves to give His children gifts. They are His special treat. Let Him abundantly provide for you.

A very dear friend of mine, an older lady, graduated today to Heaven, and I am thinking about her mansion and wondering what all she has in it. What a joy to be with Her Lord and Savior whom she loved so dearly. The time is drawing near for all of us to meet Him in the sky and forever be with Him. I know in my heart that the time is so close. All of us are sensing the tuning of our ears toward the eastern sky, listening for the sound of the trumpet when the Lord calls His own home to be with Him. What a day of rejoicing that will be! But you know, there can be just as much rejoicing right here in this earth, as we enjoy His Presence and worship Him Who loves us so dearly.

What a mighty God we serve!

John 1:16 Amplified Bible
For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift.