Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Cast, Decree, Fix

Psalm 55:22 (1 Peter 5:7, Hebrews 13:5) and Psalm 57:2 and 7 go together. Listen to this in the Amplified Bible as I personalize it for all of us. Let’s make this our confession today.

I cast my burden on the Lord, releasing the weight of it and He will sustain me.. I cast the whole of my care, all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares about me affectionately and cares about me watchfully. He will never allow me as His righteous one to be moved, made to slip, fall or fail. No, He surely will not. For God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down, relax My hold on you! Assuredly not!

I will cry (declare, decree, speak with the voice of the Word) to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me, Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them.

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident! I will sing and make melody.

These verses all together tell us that when our heart is fixed and immovable and we release our burdens on Him, speaking and praising Him with the voice of His Word, He performs His Word on our behalf. He brings to pass what His Word says. He completes the job. He never leaves it half done.