Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wisdom and Understanding

This is a confession we all should be making continually.

Psalm 49:3
My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

My mouth, this mouth of mine, shall speak of wisdom. Wisdom, the wisdom of God, is what comes out of my mouth. Nothing else comes out of my mouth. I speak only the Wisdom of God. That is all I speak.

As I meditate on God’s Word, ponder it, think on it, consider it, that meditation gives me understanding in my inner man. I understand the things of God. He gives me His understanding as I ponder His Word. As I meditate on Him and His goodness and His faithfulness and His nature and all that He is and has and has given to me, I get understanding of Him and His ways. The more I meditate on Him and His Word, the more I understand Him and His Word.

Understanding of God and His ways comes by and through meditation of God’s Word.