Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Holy

Long ago, even before He made the world, God loved you and chose you in Christ to be holy (set apart in agreement with Him) and without fault in His eyes (Ephesians 1:4, NLT).

Make me pure and holy by teaching me Your words of Truth (John 17:17, NLT). Sanctify me through Your Truth; Your Word is Truth (John 17:17, KJV).

Ephesians 6:11-18 and Romans 13:12
Put on God’s whole armor, the armor of light, the armor of God….loins girt with the Truth of His Word----having on the breastplate of righteousness----feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace----shield of faith to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked----helmet of salvation on head----sword of the spirit in hand----praying always with all manner of prayer and supplication in the Spirit, interceding in behalf of all God’s people.

God’s Word, His Truth, makes me holy (sets me apart in agreement with Him). That’s my armor of Light----His Word of Truth. His Word of Truth is His protection for me. It is like an armor that a soldier wears in the physical realm. It is my protection against the enemy in the spiritual realm. When I embrace God’s Word as the Truth of my life, I am embracing my protection. I am in agreement with God, and that sets me apart to Him, where no enemy can touch me. I am in His Presence. His Word places me in that secret place of His Presence.

The armor of Light covers all of me. It covers my walk of life, my mind, and my creative place (my spirit). God’s Word of Truth shows me I am righteous (have His nature and rights in His Kingdom). I have peace in my walk of life (whole, with nothing missing or broken, burdens removed, yokes destroyed). That which is created (loins----spirit----heart is the place of creation) comes out of His Word of Truth which is active in my life. Whatever my life is today has been created by words I spoke yesterday, whether it was the Word of God's life or the words of the death of the world. I create my own world. I am saved (delivered, protected, healed, prosperous, set free).

I use God’s Word also as my offensive weapon. It divides asunder my soul and my spirit, and discerns the thoughts and intents of my heart. His Word of Truth keeps me in that place of discernment, so that the enemy comes and finds nothing in me because the Word has already shined on that dark area in me and removed it. That is a true offensive position, where there is no vulnerability to the enemy. There is nothing in you for him to attach himself to. He cannot hold you back from the fullness of God’s Truth operating in your life and setting you apart unto God. God’s Truth is my place of agreement. As long as I agree with God, I am set apart from this world and its dictates to my flesh man. That is true holiness.

Finally, then as I pray, I yield to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to take the Truth of God’s Word which I have been given and use it as the bondage breaker, the barrier remover, and the wall destroyer in people’s lives. My instruction is to pray at all times and in every season on behalf of God’s people. I am instructed to intercede and stand in the gap for people. I can do it effectively as I know who I am in the Word of Truth. I am instructed to be holy even as my God is holy. I become holy through the Word of God’s Truth. The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man or woman makes tremendous power available which works like dynamite to blow away the obstacles that satan has placed in the pathway of people’s lives (James 5:16Amplified Bible and KJV).

God has set you and me apart to Himself to be just like Him. His Word of Truth will work to develop the holiness of God in us every day. “For it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy” 1 Peter 1:16, KJV).