Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Confessions of A King

You and I are kings in this life. Revelation 1:6 and 5:10 tell us that Jesus Christ has made us kings and priests unto God. We are a royal race. We are royalty because of Jesus Christ. He is the King, and we are the kings. He is the King of kings. You probably need to stop right here and let that “sink in” for a few moments. In Romans 5:17 we are told that because we have received the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness, we reign as kings in life through Jesus Christ.

As I was reading Psalm 21 several days ago, I realized that David as a king was making certain declarations that I can make as God’s king on this earth. David was king over a natural kingdom. I am a king over a spiritual kingdom, namely, my home, my ministry, my life and the country where I live. As a king I have certain rights and privileges. I need to exercise those rights.

Let’s make some declarations from Psalm 21:1-7, 13.

I shall joy in Your strength, O Lord.
In Your salvation, how greatly I shall rejoice.
You have given me my heart’s desire.
You have not withheld the request of my lips.
You send blessings of good things to meet me.
You set a crown of pure gold on my head.
I asked life of You and You gave it to me----long life forever and evermore.
My glory is great because of Your aid.
Splendor, honor and majesty You bestow on me.
For You have made me to be blessed and a blessing forever.
You make me exceedingly glad with the joy of Your presence.
I trust, rely on and am confident in You, Lord.
Through Your mercy and loving-kindness, Most High, I shall not be moved.
Be exalted, O Lord, in Your strength.
I will sing and praise Your power.

Remember who you are the next time satan comes peddling his goods to your door. First of all, a salesman is not even allowed into your presence. Second, even if he is allowed, he has already been screened for weapons and has had to leave everything harmful outside the king’s chambers. Last, he is guarded at all times in the king’s presence. So what have we to fear!!!!!