Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Identified

In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long-promised Holy Spirit. That [Spirit] is the guarantee of our inheritance [the first-fruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage], in anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring [complete] possession of it----to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:13,14 Amplified Bible).

And how you also have heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us everything he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God (Ephesians 1:13,14, NLT).

I am identified as God’s own child by the fact that the Holy Spirit is dwelling me. He is the marker of my being God’s child. In the Spirit realm I am identified by the indwelling Holy Spirit Who appears as Light for all to see. He is the One Whose indwelling points me out as one of God’s own chosen children.

The Holy Spirit is our identity. You can spot us anywhere by the Light of His Presence. I compare this identity to a human identity. If you are looking for someone in the airport whom you have never met, they tell you that you can identify them by the yellow shirt that they will be wearing. That is a very definite marker that will tell you the individual is the person for whom you are looking. Likewise, the Light of the Presence of the Holy Spirit is a very definite marker in the spirit realm that points out the person as a carrier of the Holy Spirit.

On this very earth, I am identified by the angelic beings in both satan’s realm and God’s realm by the Light, Love and Life of the Holy Spirit of God emanating from me. He has marked me as His own.

I am not only identified by the angelic beings. I am also identified by my dear Heavenly Father as His own. Within that identification is His pledge to me by the power of the Holy Spirit that He gives me everything He has promised. I have a Bible that tells me everything He has promised. It is mine. The Holy Spirit is my guarantee that I have what God has promised me.

If satan comes to question the promises God has made to me, I point Him to the Holy Spirit and tell satan to talk to Him about it. It is the delight and desire of God through His precious Holy Spirit to show satan the guarantee, the pledge, the down payment of my heritage. It is there for all to see. I am an heir of the Kingdom of God and all of its benefits of love, joy, peace, faith, health, wealth, happiness, well-being, protection and safety. I have access to all of my Father’s household. But the best part of all is that I have full freedom to be my Father’s child and have an intimate love relationship with Him. What a joy that brings to my heart.

Identified----He identified with us that we might become like Him. Now we are identified with Him forever.