Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Thy Will Be Done

At this present hour in history, many people, particularly God’s children, are asking Him to lead them in His perfect will for them. There is so much in His Word regarding His will and His path for us. The Spirit of the Lord has given me a scripture recently which I would like to share with you. He gave it to me during a time of seeking Him for my life. We will look at it in various translations.

Psalm 25:4,5, KJV
Show me Your ways, O Lord.
Teach me Your paths.
Lead (guide) me in Your truth and teach me for You are my Savior, the God of my salvation.
My hope is in You all the day long.

NLT
Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord. Point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by Your Truth and teach me, for You are the God Who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You.

Moffatt’s
Let me see thy ways, O thou Eternal, teach me what are thy paths, lead me, as thou art true to thy word, teach me, for thou art God my help.

Complete Jewish Bible
Make me know your ways, Adonai, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth, and teach me; for you are the God who saves me, my hope is in you all day long.

The New English Bible – The Old Testament
Make thy paths known to me, O Lord; teach me thy ways. Lead me in thy truth and teach me; thou art God my saviour. For thee I have waited all the day long, for the coming of thy goodness, Lord.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Make Your ways known to me, Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; I wait for you all day long.

The Living Bible
Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk. Lead me;; teach me; for you are the God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in you.

NASB
Make me know Thy ways, O Lord; lead me in thy truth and teach me, for thou art the God of my salvation; for thee I wait all day.

As you can see from all these translations, this is actually a prayer to the Lord for our lives.

“Lord, show me and make me intimately know Your ways. Reveal to me Your course of life and Your way of doing things. Teach me, train me, educate me in Your way of life. Lead me and guide me in Your Word of Truth, which is firm and stable, based on your faithfulness, O God. Teach me, train me, guide me, educate me, for You are my Savior. You are the God of my salvation (my deliverance, freedom, liberty, prosperity, safety, help, victory). You are my God. You are my Father. You defend me. You preserve me and free me into Your large place. I have plenty of room to move without feeling cramped. In You I am safe and secure. In You I find my place of security and peace. My hope is in You all the day long, every day, always, forever. I wait expectantly for You, for the coming of Your goodness in my life every day. Thank You, Lord, that I find Your plan for my life as I stay close to you. I pray Thy will be done in my life always.”

My prayer for every one of you is that you find God’s plan and will for your life and enjoy the fullness of His Blessing in your living. He is a good God and wants the best for each of us.