Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lord

The Lord put a number of scriptures together today for us to read and speak and meditate. They all form a whole picture.

Psalms 30:5-7; 31:18-21; 32:7,8; 33:1; 34:8

…Your favor, Lord, is for a lifetime or in Your favor is life….
As for me, in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
By Your favor, O Lord, You have established me as a strong mountain….

Let lying lips be silenced which speak insolently against the righteous with pride and contrmpt.]

In the secret place of Your presence You hide us from the plots of men, You keep us safe from those who would conspire against us. You keep us secretly sheltered in Your pavilion (Your presence) (fenced in, covered over, protected, defended, hedged in, shut up) far from accusing tongues, from the strife of tongues, from words that would be used to bind our lives.
Blessed be the Lord, for He has shown me His marvelous, loving favor….

You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble.
You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance.

I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.

O taste and see that the Lord is good.
Blessed is the man that trusts in Him.