Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Counsel

Psalm 16:7-9,11
I will bless the Lord Who has given me counsel.
Yes, my heart instructs me in the night season.
I have set the Lord continually before me.
Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory (my inner self) rejoices.
My body, too, shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.
You will show me the path of life.
In Your Presence is fullness of joy.
At Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

It is the Lord Who gives us counsel, even as we sleep. When we seek Him first in our lives, He is there to direct us and guides us in all our affairs of life. Therefore, we do not have to be moved off our stand of faith and trust in Him. He has everything in the palm of His hand. The only thing that stops Him from doing for us the pleasures He loves to do is our lack of trust in Him. We are to rest confidently in Him for He will show us the path of life. We all know that in His Presence is a fullness of joy and contentment that we can get nowhere else. With Him we will enjoy our lives throughout all eternity.

Let us make a quality decision today (one from which we do not turn back) that we will trust the Lord to be in charge of our lives and that we will allow Him to give us all the treasures that He has laid up for us who are His children. There are multitudes of blessings that we have not even begun to receive. Today and every day is your day of receiving. Take it now.