Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Faithful God

Yesterday we talked about our being faithful. Today let’s talk about God’s faithfulness. Wow, what a subject! We read in God's Word that He is faithful to us. I know that some of you are saying that it doesn’t look like He and His Word are faithful to you sometimes. I have had those feelings at points in my life. But here is the bottom line. HE IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS AND HIS WORD IS TRUE ALWAYS for anyone, regardless of who you are or how much you feel like you can’t believe or that things are not working in your life for your good.

God is still faithful when you feel like you are not able to grab hold of that faithfulness. In times like that, grab hold of this statement and believe it is true for your life, regardless of what you are experiencing: GOD IS FAITHFUL TO ME! HIS WORD IS WORKING IN MY LIFE! That is what faith is all about: trusting God when it looks like there is no reason to trust Him. He is not a man that He can lie. Whatever His Word says, that is for you. It is true for you regardless of what you may be experiencing to the contrary. Choose to believe. Choose to receive the truth of His Word working in your situation. CHOOSE!

Let’s look at a few scriptures to confess and meditate on God’s faithfulness until we have faith built up in us to believe He is faithful to us. They are taken from the Amplified Bible and personalized for confession.

2 Corinthians 9:8 tells us that God is able to make all grace abound toward us so that we may always have enough, regardless of the circumstances or need. We not only need God’s grace to get saved, we also need God’s grace to live. His grace is His ability given to us. It’s that simple. Why do I talk about grace here when we are focusing on God’s faithfulness? We need His grace, His ability, to believe.

Deuteronomy 7:9
I know, recognize and understand that the Lord my God is God; He is a faithful God; He keeps His covenant with me (His promises, His Word) and He keeps His mercy (steadfast love) with me who loves Him and keeps His covenant (Word).

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, reliable, trustworthy and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended upon. By Him I was called into companionship with His Son Jesus Christ my Lord.

God, You are faithful to Your Word and to Your loving, merciful, compassionate nature. You can be trusted. You are ever true to what You say.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
Lord, You are faithful; You will strengthen me and establish me and set me on a firm foundation. You will keep me from the evil one.

Revelation 19:11 and 21:5
Lord, You are called Faithful, Trustworthy, Loyal, Incorruptible, Steady and True. Your Word is faithful, accurate, incorruptible, trustworthy, true and genuine.

God and His Word are forever faithful to me as His child. I can trust Him.