Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Expectation

Expect: To look, that is, to reach forward, or to fix the eyes

I heard a minister say last night that he expects to receive from God all the time. That sentence has been in the front of my spirit ever since I heard it. God expects us to receive what He gives to us. He has so many gifts for us of health and prosperity and peace and joy and gentleness and faith. I could extend the list but you get the idea. How can we get something which we are not expecting? I think that God has compassion on us and because of His great and awesome love for us, He simply has to do something to spill over on us. That’s commendable, but wouldn’t it be better to receive from Him on a daily basis and give Him great pleasure.

Say this with me:
I expect to receive from God all the time.
I believe I receive. I take it now.

You might want to make a list of the things you see in the Bible and that God tells you to expect and keep them before you and speak out what you are expecting. It is time to expect and receive. Do you know that the best time to get your expector out there is when everything seems to be going the opposite direction of what you need or want! When all looks bleak and dismal and there doesn’t seem to be anything good happening in your life, deliberately, on purpose, stand still wherever you are and expect something good to happen to you.

Have you been released from your job? Expect a better one. Have you lost money in your retirement account? Expect more money than what you lost. Have your children gone out and done things contrary to the way they were raised? Expect them to come into the fullness of what God has for them. Has your spouse told you that he/she wants out of the relationship? Expect God to supply the emotional needs of your soul. I think you get the picture. You might say that I am expecting the impossible! Yes, that is it! We serve a God whose power is greater than the impossible. All things are possible with Him.

Here are a few scriptures to help you on expectation. Think on them. Ponder them. Speak them. Believe them.

Proverbs 23:18, Amplified Bible
For surely there is a latter end [a future and a reward], and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off.

Proverbs 24:14, Amplified Bible
So shall you know skillful and godly Wisdom to be thus to your life; if you find it, then shall there be a future and a reward, and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off.

Jeremiah 29:11 (In yesterday’s Pearls)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

What have you got to lose? Expecting something and getting all of it or part of it is better than not expecting anything and not getting anything. I know what you are thinking. If I don’t expect anything, I won’t be disappointed. Really! You are disappointed and discouraged already if that is where you are (and all of us have been there on more than one occasion).

EXPECT! GOD HAS GREAT THINGS FOR YOU!