Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Enjoy All Things

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit enjoy you just as you are. You are the joy of their life. Yes, You! Before the creation of the earth, of the world, God made a choice to love and enjoy everybody created on this earth. He didn't put a requirement on His love for you. He chose to love and enjoy you. Yes, there is something you have to do. You have to accept Him and His love and His sacrifice for you on the cross in order to enjoy the full benefits of His love and joy.

I have been meditating two scriptures that I want to share with you that God dropped in my heart in the shower the other day. They are both related to the word “richly” and they came about as a result of the word “enjoy.” I have personalized them for my own meditation.

1 Timothy 6:17b
…God gives me richly all things to enjoy. Amplified Bible: …God richly and ceaselessly provides me with everything for my enjoyment.

Colossians 3:16
I let the word of Christ dwell in me (have its home in my heart and mind) richly in all wisdom.
And in connection with verse 16 I added v. 15
I let the peace of God rule in my heart.
Rule: Act as umpire continually, deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in my mind.

The Greek word for richly in the Strong’s Concordance means copiously, abundantly. It comes from the word that means wealthy; figuratively, it means abounding with. It comes from the root word which means wealth as fullness, money, possessions; figuratively it means abundance, richness; specifically it can mean valuable, bestowments, riches.

Today realize that God gives you abundantly ALL THINGS TO ENJOY, and that includes earthly stuff such as money and possessions. Wealth is no big deal to God as long as it does not become a big deal to you. It is simply a tool for provision for our enjoyment.

ENJOY!