Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Delivered From Destruction

Psalm 107:20
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.

Here in Psalm 107:20 God very specifically tells us that we have been delivered (past tense) from destruction and made whole. He tells us how He did it. He sent His Word. We can look at that in two ways. He sent His Word, Jesus, Who is called the Word. He is the living Word. He sent His Word, the living, breathing Bible which is made alive by the Holy Spirit. I believe in my heart that both meanings are applied here.

The word healed in this passage means cure, make whole. The word destruction is pitfall. God is saying to us that we have been delivered from every pitfall, every destruction that satan would send our way. We have already been delivered before we even encounter it. What a way to live! Living in the deliverance mode!

If you look up the word destruction or destroy in the dictionary you find that it means to lay waste, to ruin, to bring to naught, to annihilate, to kill, to take away to cause to cease, to put to an end. In other words God has already delivered you and me from anything that would lay waste and put an end to our lives, our dreams, our finances, our health, our families, our marriages. Whatever it is that is formed against you as a weapon has already been destroyed before it is even wielded against you. Wow! That is good news!

Then in the same chapter in verse 2 we read this:
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary.

You are I have been redeemed from the curse of the law, from everything that would destroy us. What are we supposed to do about that redemption? Say so. Say: I have been redeemed from the curse of the law. I have been redeemed from destruction. I have been redeemed from any plan the devil would send against me. I’m the redeemed of the Lord and I say so! I have been delivered from destruction. I have been delivered from the hand (the power, the strength) of the enemy (one opposed to me who has enmity against me, that is, the devil).

I’M THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD AND I SAY SO! GOD SENT HIS WORD AND MADE ME WHOLE AND I HAVE BEEN DELIVERED FROM DESTRUCTION!