Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 Thoughts

As we enter a new year, we enter in with the white-hot expectancy of God’s goodness and mercy being our delight. His righteousness and peace are ours. He is passionately pursuing us. We are His Beloved.

Three words stand out for me this year----establish and settle, and the word “power.”

I believe that God is telling us that we are to be so established and settled in Him and His Word of Truth and His Love that nothing that happens in our own personal world or the world around us moves us. Our hearts are to be established in Him. We are established in His righteousness. His Word is settled forever. We are fixed in Him, always looking forward to what He is doing. His power will be demonstrated in us and through us as we keep our focus fixed on Him.

Today, let’s make a good confession from Galatians 5 16,18, 22-25 in the Amplified Bible.

I am born again.
Therefore, I have the Holy Spirit living in me, with all His fruit or the forces of His Spirit residing in my spirit.
I walk and live habitually in the Holy Spirit.
I am responsive to, controlled by and guided by the Holy Spirit.
Then I will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of my flesh, my human nature without God.
I am guarded, led by the Holy Spirit.
I belong to Christ Jesus, the Messiah and have crucified the flesh, my godless human nature, with its passions and appetites and desires.
I live by the Holy Spirit and walk by the Spirit.
By the power of the Holy Spirit I have my life in God; I go forward walking in line, my conduct controlled by the Spirit.