Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Confession of the Gospel of John, Part 1

We are going to spend the next two days confessing scriptures in the gospel of John. A number of months ago, I took these scriptures and put them into confession form for myself personally. I am sharing them with you for your confession and building up in the faith.


John 14:12-17, 22-24, 26-27, 30-31

I steadfastly believe in You Jesus and I myself will be able to do the things that You do and I will do even greater things than these, because you go to the Father. And You will grant whatever I ask in Your Name so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in You Jesus, His Son. Jesus, thank You that You will grant, do for me, whatever I shall ask in Your Name. I really love You, and I will keep, obey Your commands.

Thank You, Jesus, that You have given me another Comforter Who is also my Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener and Standby and that He will remain with me forever. Holy Spirit, You are the Spirit of Truth and I know and recognize You for You live with me constantly and will be in me forever.

I thank You, Jesus, that you will reveal Yourself, that you will make Yourself real to me. I love You, Jesus; I will keep Your Word, obey Your teaching and the Father will love me and You and the Father will come to me and make Your home with me. You will make me Your special dwelling place. The teaching which I hear and pay attention to is from the Father Who sent You, Jesus.

Thank You, Father, for sending the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus, to represent Jesus, to act on His behalf. Holy Spirit, thank You for teaching me all things and causing me to remember, to recall all that Jesus has told me. Thank You for giving me Your peace, Jesus. I receive it. I do not allow myself to be agitated or disturbed or to become fearful and unsettled. Instead, I yield to You Holy Spirit and the peace that You carry.

Because I am just like Jesus, because He is in me by His Spirit, satan has nothing in common with me; there is nothing in me that belongs to him and he has no power over me. Also, just like Jesus, I do only what the Father has instructed me to do. I act on His orders, fully agreeing with them.

John15:1-5,7-16

Jesus is the True Vine and I am the branch that He cleanses with His Word so that I can bear more fruit. I dwell, I live in Jesus and He dwells, He lives in me. I am vitally united with Jesus. His words remain in me and continue to live in my heart. Because of that, I can ask whatever I will and it shall be done for me. Because I produce much fruit, I prove myself to be a true follower of Jesus and my Father is honored and glorified.

Jesus has loved me just as the Father has loved Him. I abide in His love. I keep His commandments; I continue to obey His instructions. I abide in His love and live in it, just as He abides in His Father’s love and lives in it. Jesus’ joy and delight is in me so that my joy and gladness may be full and complete and overflowing. I love others as Jesus has loved me.

Jesus has made known to me everything that He has heard from the Father; He has revealed to me everything that He has learned from the Father. He has chosen me and He has appointed me; He has planted me that I might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, that my fruit may be lasting, remain, so that whatever I ask the Father in Jesus’ name, He may give it to me.