Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Righteous Pathway of Life

During my personal prayer time this morning, the Lord took me on a journey regarding the path of righteousness, which I would like to share with you.

We know from 2 Corinthians 5:21 that we are made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. We are made right with God. We have a right to be called His children; He has provided restoration, reconciliation of our relationship. He has made the provision. We have to accept the provision and we are then walking in the righteousness that He provided.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In the Old Testament in Isaiah 54:14 one of the blessings that God speaks about is the blessing of righteousness. Let’s look at that verse: In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. We see from this verse that we are to be established in righteousness. This verse in the Amplified Bible tells us that righteousness is rightness, conformity with God’s will and order.

We see from these two verses that we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and that we are to be established in righteousness. Established means: fixed and in place. We must fix in our minds that we are righteous, right with God. It must be a fact about which there is no argument and one that is not debatable. We are righteous.

I hear so many Christians today wondering and asking the Lord if they are in the right place physically, if they are on His pathway, if they are to move or if they are to stay. They ask: What is Your will for me, Lord? Am I to take that job? Am I to stay where I am? What do you want me to do? He makes it very clear to us in His Word that we as His righteous ones are directed by Him. Let’s look at verses that declare that.

Psalm 85:13 KJV
Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.
Amplified Bible
Righteousness shall go before Him and shall make His footsteps a way in which to walk.

Psalm 37:23 KJV
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
There is a footnote in my Bible for the word “ordered” which gives the word “established.”
Amplified Bible
The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step].

Proverbs 16:9 Amplified Bible
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Proverbs 20:24 tells us that man’s steps or goings are ordered of the Lord.

Proverbs 12:28 KJV
In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
The words in italics have been added by the translators. So, this verse should read: In the way of righteousness life, and the pathway no death.

What do we have when put all these verses together? Let’s make that our confession.
I have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am established in righteousness. Righteousness goes before Jesus Christ and makes His footsteps a way in which I am to walk, sets me in the way of His steps. I am a good man/woman because I have been made righteous by Jesus Christ, and my steps are ordered of the Lord. My steps, my goings are directed and established by Him. He makes my steps sure. I rejoice that since my steps are established in Him and thus in righteousness, in the way of righteousness life and the pathway no death. I take the right pathway in my life all the time since I am righteous. I hear the Lord’s voice and I walk in His path, that He has established for me. I spend time with Him and His Word and I hear Him clearly because I am in right relationship with Him. I am righteous.

As with everything with God, it takes faith to believe His Word. We make a choice to believe. It is our choice to believe God’s Word over all earthly circumstances that would try to line up in contradiction to His Word. Believe that you are walking in His pathway of life in every area of your life and it shall be even as He has spoken it.