Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I Know Who Keeps Me

Today I have a confession that all of us need to make. The words from Matthew 6:25-33 and 2 Timothy 1:12-14 should be a daily reminder to us of Who we serve and how powerful our God truly is.

Are you ready? Let’s speak-------

I stop being perpetually anxious and worried about my life.
I’m worth more than the birds of the air that my heavenly Father feeds.
I cannot add to the span of my life by worrying or being anxious.

Thank You, Lord, for clothing me, arraying me in your magnificence, splendor, excellence, dignity, grace, garments of salvation, robe of righteousness, your complete armor (loins girt with the belt of truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness and the helmet of salvation, my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, holding up the shield of faith, taking the sword of the spirit).
Therefore, I do not worry nor am I anxious.

I seek, aim at, strive after first Your Kingdom (Your way of doing things and Your righteousness (Your way of being right); and all these things taken together will be given me.
So, I do not worry nor am I anxious for tomorrow.

…for I know Whom I have believed (trusted in, relied on, adhered to),
that He is able to keep (guard) that which I have committed (deposited) unto Him against (until) that day.

I hold fast (follow) the form (pattern) of sound (wholesome) words (teaching), which I have heard in faith and love, which is in Christ Jesus.

That good thing (precious and excellently adapted truth) which was committed (entrusted) unto me I keep (guard with the greatest care) by the Holy Ghost Who dwells in me.


God has given us all things to enjoy, so why should we worry or fear. He who takes care of the birds of the air will surely take care of His children. Seek Him first always and you will reap all the benefits of being His child. He will take care of you.