Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Love Of Christ

2 Cor. 5:14-19 (Author’s paraphrase from KJV and Amplified Bible)

The love of Christ constrains me, controls me, urges me, impels me, moves me, propels me (Wuest – The love which Christ has for me presses on me from all sides, wraps itself around me in tenderness.) (Phillips – The very spring of my actions is the love of Christ.)

Christ died for me so that I may live, and I no longer live to and for myself but to and for Him.

Therefore, from now on, I estimate and regard no one from a purely human point of view – in terms of natural standards or values.
I stop criticizing and analyzing and judging and evaluating others.

Since all things are from God, when I criticize others, I am criticizing God and what He created.

Jesus Christ has reconciled me to Himself, received me into favor, brought me into harmony with Himself and has given to me the ministry of reconciliation. By my words and deeds I aim to bring others into harmony with Him.

God was personally present in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against men their trespasses but cancelling them.
This is reality.
God no longer counts people’s sins against them. All people have to do is accept the results of Christ’s work.

He has committed to me the message of reconciliation, of restoration to favor.

Don’t you love these verses? Because of the love of Christ controlling me, I see no one from a purely human standpoint any more. I see them through the eyes of Jesus; I take on His vision of seeing them as complete in Himself. I no longer criticize others. Rather, I aim to bring them into harmony with God. It is my privilege to tell people that God is not mad at them. He loves them and has restored them to favor with Himself. All they have to do is to accept His work. How simple the gospel of Jesus Christ is, and mankind makes it so complicated.

You have a ministry; it is the ministry of reconciliation. Go and tell the world about the God Who loves them and Who has purchased their right to be back in fellowship with Him. If some don’t listen, there are many more who will hear. Do not give up or be intimidated. Someone needs to tell them that God loves them. And someone needs to demonstrate God's love through their words and deeds. That someone is YOU!