Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Strong

Let’s talk about the word “strong” today. It has been brought up to me once again from something I heard this week.

For years, I have been speaking Ephesians 6:10 from the Amplified Bible over my life. For the past number of months I have not been speaking it and have had physical symptoms appear in my body, depression come to attempt to overtake me, people to go out of their way to annoy me and family to once again criticize me for my ministry call. Never once did I equate all of this to the lack of my confession of the scripture God had given me. Let me remind everyone that when God gives you a scripture, it is for a purpose in your life. It becomes a rhema word for you to offset the evil that is in this world and all around you. That God-given word protects you, surrounds you with God’s power.

Ephesians 6:10 Amplified Bible
I am strong in the Lord.
I am empowered through my union with Him.
I draw my strength from Him, that strength which His boundless might provides.

Where there is strength, weakness cannot continue. Weakness is no match for strength, particularly the strength of the Lord.

Where is the point of your strength today? What weaknesses do you need to overcome? The overcomer is God’s strength.

In Psalm 27:1 we read that the Lord is the strength, stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? God’s strength makes us fearless. Fear has no place where the Lord is. And where the Lord is, there is strength. He wants to be the stronghold of our lives, rather than fear and weakness being the strongholds.

In Nehemiah 8:10 we hear these words: The joy of the Lord is my strength. Joy is a fruit of the spirit that is in the fruit basket of love. Where there is love activated, joy is activated. Where joy is activated, strength is activated. No love, no joy. No joy, no strength.

Strength brings success because weakness produces failure. Love never fails. Remember once again: Where there is love, there is joy and where there is joy there is strength. We know from Psalm 8:2 and Matthew 21:16 that God has ordained strength, perfected praise, out of the mouths of babes and sucklings. What is the Lord saying here? We find strength in praise. As we honor Him and worship Him, we are strengthened. Joy comes as we praise the Lord. And the joy of the Lord is our strength. Praise Him in the morning; praise Him at noon; praise Him when the sun goes down. Gather your strength morning, noon and night. Praise will produce it.

Psalm 29:11 tells us that the Lord will give strength to His people. That is His promise to us. And what do we have to do? In Joshua 1:6,7,9 God has commanded us to be strong, so it is not an option for us. We are to heed His command and be strong. We are even told to say that we are strong when we are weak. Let the weak say that I am strong (Joel 3:10). It is not how you feel. It is what the Word of God says about you. Do you feel weak? Don’t say anything but the Word of God. And no one will know that you feel weak. That includes the devil. All he hears is: I am strong.

In Psalm 46:1 and 81:1 we hear that God is our refuge and strength. We are to shout to God our strength. He is our strength. We are to shout for joy: “God, You are my strength. You are my refuge that I run to for strength. You are my stronghold.” God’s strength cannot be penetrated by human weakness. Only we allow our human weaknesses to be visible and exposed to the enemy. He cannot penetrate God’s strength. So, it looks to me like it is a very simple conclusion. Don’t say you’re weak. Say that you are strong in the Lord. Activate His strength rather than exposing your weakness.

When we call out to God according to His Word, He answers us and strengthens us with His strength (Psalm 138:3). When we call out to Him, He answers and brings salvation, deliverance to us. He is our God, our Lord and the Strength of our salvation (Psalm 140:7).

As with everything in God’s Kingdom, we must confess, vocalize, give voice to His Word to have what His Word says. And here is our good confession: I am strong in the Lord. He is the saving strength of my life. He strengthens me in my spirit, my soul, my body, my relationships, my finances, my job, my ministry, my life. I am strong and courageous because He has commanded me to be strong. I am strong. Strength is what I have. I am strong. I have the strength of the Lord operating in me, around me, on my behalf. God is strong and He is in me with His Strength, His might, His power. I am strong today and every day,
24-7. I am strong.