Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Scriptures on the Mouth, Part 1

Yesterday we spoke scriptures on the tongue. Today we will focus on scriptures on the mouth.

Proverbs 12:14
A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth….

Proverbs 13:2,3
A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth….
He that keeps his mouth keeps his life….

Proverbs 15:23
A man has joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Proverbs 16:23
The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, and adds learning to his lips.

Proverbs 18:20
A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

Proverbs 10:31,32
The mouth of the just brings forth wisdom….
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable….

Matthew 12:34; Luke 6:45
…out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.

Luke 21:15
For I shall give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, by acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 40:3
And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto my God: ….

Psalm 49:3
My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

Psalm 51:15
O Lord, open my lips: and my mouth shall show forth You praise.