Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Scriptures on the Mouth, Part 2

There are so many scriptures on the mouth that we had to continue our study of them today.

Psalm 63:5,6
…my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips: when I remember You upon my bed, and meditate on You in the night watches.

Psalm 71:8,15 Amplified Bible
My mouth shall be filled with Your praise and with Your honor all the day.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteous acts and of Your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is more than I know.

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 109:30
I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yes, I will praise him among the multitude.

Psalm 145:21
My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Proverbs 8:6,7,8
Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward (contrary to the truth) or perverse (crooked) in them.

Isaiah 55:10,11 Amplified Bible
God speaking:
For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Isaiah 51:16
And I have put my words in your mouth, and I have covered You in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, You are My people.

Isaiah 59:21
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon you, and my words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, nor out of the mouth of your seed, nor out of the mouth of your seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

Jeremiah 1:9
Then said the Lord unto me, You have well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

Jeremiah 5:14
Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because you speak this word, behold, I will make my words in your mouth fire….

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

There is quite a list here of scriptures that we have read over the past several days, both for the tongue and mouth. All of us need to meditate and study these verses so that they become a part of us. Death and life are in the power of our tongue and the words of our mouth create. We are speaking spirits who turn the whole course of our lives with that which is only several inches below our nose. We can speak blessing or curses over ourselves and others. The choice is ours to make.