Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

God's Plan, My Plan

Today I would like to share some scriptures regarding God’s plan for our lives, which I am presently meditating and confessing over my own life. We all need God’s guidance, don’t we, whether we are in the right place now or seeking God for our direction? He has shown me once again that it is a daily partaking. I get up in the morning and look to Him for my day. My time is in His hands, from the little daily seemingly inconsequential repetitive things I do to the massive lifetime job that I am to do while I am here on this earth.

Just recently the Spirit of God reminded me that I am to lay all the plans I have before Him for His refining and sometimes eliminating. Yes, we do from time to time pick up our own ideas and agenda concerning what we are to do. The one truth we must hold fast to is this: I must be about my Father’s business. The Father’s business may be exactly what we are doing or it may take an entirely different look as He reshapes our thinking and remolds our path.

I love it. With God, it is so exciting. And do you know what the best part is? I don’t have to worry about it. I can enjoy my life while He is keeping things in order for me. I have but one truly dominant job to do; I am to love Him, adore Him, fellowship with Him, worship Him. We really don’t get it, do we? We keep trying to do all these things, believing we are really working for the kingdom, and He is whispering: Come aside with me, my beloved. And we say: Oh, no, I don’t have time for that. I am developing the plan for Your Kingdom. Whose kingdom, did you say? Let me hear that again----His kingdom. Well, if it is the plan for His kingdom, why are we fretting and worrying so much about what is happening and frenetically scrambling to find our niche.

Believe me, this Pearls comes from a lifetime of scrambling in my own life. I always know when I am getting “uptight” that I have taken on the responsibility of planning my own life and manipulating it to “happen” the way I believe it is supposed to happen. Only recently the Lord reminded me once again that it is not my agenda nor my responsibility. I must follow the pattern of Jesus. He spent time with His Father in prayer where He would draw aside after He had completed what He had seen His Father doing and saying through Him. He never did anything except He had gotten it from His Father in prayer. I have strayed far from that pattern many times in my life and spent unnecessary hours and hours trying to make it work. And always, when I would relax and stop pushing so hard and getting “stressed out,” it is remarkable how quickly things would line up.

Psalm 16:11
The Lord will show me the path of life. In His presence is fullness of joy. Joy is strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength (Neh. 8:10). I am at His right hand and at His right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

Jeremiah 29:11
I know the thoughts I think toward you, and the plans I have for you, says the Lord. My thoughts are thoughts of peace. My plans are plans for good. They give you a future, a hope, an expected end.
Lord, I choose Your thoughts. I choose to think Your thoughts. And Your thoughts become my thoughts.

Ephesians 2:10
I am God’s workmanship.
I am His poem.
I am His own handiwork.
I am recreated in Christ Jesus.
I am born anew that I may do those good works God predestined, planned beforehand for me.
I take paths which You, God, prepared ahead of time that I should walk in them.
I am living the good life which you prearranged and made ready for me to live.

Hebrews 13:20,21
The God of peace, the author of peace, Who gives me peace----
Thank You for strengthening me.
Thank You for completing me.
Thank You for setting me free.
Thank You for perfecting me and that which concerns me.
Thank You for making me what I ought to be.
Thank You for equipping me with everything good because You are good. God, You are good and Your mercy endures forever.
So that You may carry out Your will in me, for my life while You work in me and accomplish that which is pleasing in Your sight through Jesus Christ to Whom be the glory forever and ever.

Philippians 1:6
And I am convinced and sure of this very thing----
God, You began a good work in me.
You will continue that good work until the day of Jesus Christ, right up to the time of His return.
You will develop that good work.
You will perfect it.
You will bring it to full completion in me.

Romans 4:20,21
No unbelief, no distrust makes me waver, doubtingly question concerning the promise of God but I grow strong and am empowered by faith as I give praise and glory to God.
I am fully persuaded, fully satisfied, fully assured---God, Mighty God, You keep Your Word; You will perform, do what You have promised.