Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Holy Spirit

Today’s Pearl will be short by instruction of the Lord because He wants us to truly understand these verses that Jesus spoke.

John 14:26,27 Amplified Bible

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf, He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled].

The Holy Spirit – the Father sent the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus, so every time I say “in the name of Jesus,” I am giving the Holy Spirit the opening, the open door to act on my behalf, for me, in whatever is going on. He is given full access to use His power, His ability for me. His ability then is operating instead of my fleshly ability, which produces zero in the spirit realm.

Then in verse 27 Jesus says: OK, therefore, you have My peace which I give to you. My peace is there for you when you yield to the Holy Spirit to do for you all things in His ability (yielding, submitting to the One Who knows what to do).

Holy Spirit, I yield to You today. I give over to You full access to my life. Live through me and in me. I will never use the name of Jesus lightly again. Every time I say “in the name of Jesus” I am giving You total control of the situation. I am giving You full freedom for Your ability to operate in this situation for good. No longer do I step in and interfere with my fleshly abilities, which I do have. But I realize that they are no match for this situation or circumstance, to bring about change. You have the answers. You have the ability to make a difference, to change all for the good. And now I take Your perfect peace, Jesus, as my own because I know I have nothing to worry or to be concerned about. I live in Your peace, which is Your wholeness and brings about in my life a life that has nothing missing or broken in it. Thank You, Lord.

Meditate on these two verses until they become so real to you that nothing upsets or bothers you. You simply walk in the fullness of the ability of the Holy Spirit. the love of God and the peace of Jesus.