Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Chosen By Love Himself

Our personalized confession today will be based on Ephesians 1:3-5,9 in the Amplified Bible.

God my Father, the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah, has blessed me in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm, given by the Holy Spirit. Even in His love He chose me, actually picked me out for Himself as His own, in Christ before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy, consecrated, set apart for Him and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.

And he raised me up together with Christ and made me sit down together, giving me joint seating with Him in the heavenly sphere in Christ Jesus.

He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable, limitless riches of His free grace in His kindness and goodness of heart toward me in Christ Jesus.

For it is by free grace through faith that I am saved. It is not of myself. It is a gift of God.

For I am God’s own handiwork, His workmanship, recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew, that I may do those good works which God predestined, planned beforehand for me, taking paths which He prepared ahead of time, that I should walk in them, living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for me to live.

For God foreordained me, destined me, planned in love for me to be adopted, revealed as His own child through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will, because it pleased Him and was His kind intent.

God my Father has made known to me the mystery, secret of His will for His plan, of His purpose. It is in accordance with His good pleasure, His merciful intention, which He has previously purposed and set forth in Jesus Christ.