Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Godly Sleep

Psalms 3:5
I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

Psalms 4:8, Amplified Bible
In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, LORD, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.

Psalms 16:7-9, Amplified Bible
I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.

Psalms 127: 2, Amplified Bible
It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil----for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.

Proverbs 3:24, Amplified Bible
When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet.

Personalized Confession:

I lie down in peace and have sweet sleep, for the Lord protects me and makes me dwell in safety. He is the One Who sustains me. Even in the night seasons my heart instructs me with Godly counsel. I will bless the Lord Who gives me counsel. He is continually with me, and I shall not be moved. My body shall rest. I am not anxious or worried because the Lord gives blessings to me, His beloved child, in sleep. I am His beloved and He blesses me in the night with pleasant, Godly dreams and sweet sleep.