Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Power Of Your Mouth

Proverbs 21:23, Amplified Bible
He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles.

Proverbs 13:3
He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 15:4, Amplified Bible, KJV
A gentle tongue [with its healing power] is a tree of life….
A wholesome tongue (the healing of the tongue) is a tree of life….

Proverbs 16:24, KJV, Amplified Bible
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body.

Personalized Confession:

I guard my mouth and tongue and keep myself from trouble. I keep my life by guarding my mouth because death and life are in the power of my tongue. I speak words of life and not death over myself, my family, my friends and others. My tongue is gentle and wholesome, with healing power flowing from it as a source of life for myself and others. Pleasant words roll off my tongue and out of my mouth as sweet substance to my mind and healing balm to my body, to my bones particularly. My mouth is filled with the goodness of God. The Word of God is in my heart in abundance, and out of the abundance of my heart flow words of life.