Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Do You Seek Me? Rejoice!

I must share these things with you, my reader, today, as I woke up this morning with them big in my heart.

For a number of weeks, the Lord has been asking me this question. Why do you seek Me? I really had to do an evaluation of that question and what my answer to it would be. To be quite honest with you, I had to adjust my life. I saw that I was seeking Him as a supplier of my needs rather than as a friend Whom I loved and wanted to spend time with. Yes, it is true that He does supply our needs. Yes, it is true that He will give us the abundant life. Yes, it is true that He wants to give us prosperity in every area of our lives. But this one thing I know, and I have realigned myself accordingly with this knowledge: I am to seek Him because I love Him and want to be with Him. Out of His presence will come the supply. He is the supplier.

God desires friendship and fellowship. He is our Heavenly Father. He created us to be His children and to enjoy our relationship as Father and child. Jesus told us to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things would be added unto us (Matthew 6:33). He also told us to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength. Out of this love relationship comes all that fulfills us and supplies our needs. As a friend of mine says: “It is a given.” In case you don’t know what that means, it means: It is a done deal. It is a finished work. “And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19, Amplified Bible).

Every day now I seek Him first and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit as I pray and ask according to His direction. What a divine plan and what a divine relationship. It is a joy to be with Him. That leads me to the second thing that is strong in my heart this morning.

Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice (Philippians 4:4)! This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalms 118:24). Every day we are to get up and rejoice, stir up our joy, that part of us that sees the good in all things and is content in the Lord. Joy is not a feeling. It is a fruit of our reborn spirit. It is part of God’s nature, His DNA. I have joy because I am His child, so I rejoice. I call it “rejuicing.” When my son was growing up, we called it joy juice. With your breakfast every day, take a big glass of joy juice. It will strengthen you for the day because the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

Personalized Confession:

I will rejoice in the Lord always. Today is the day He has made for me. I will rejoice in this day. I will be glad in this day because He has made it just for me. This joy of the Lord is my strength. I am strengthened all day and all night with joy juice. I seek first the Lord and His Kingdom (His way of doing things) and His righteousness (His way of being right). I love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and all my strength.