Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pleasing God

Colossians 1:9-11, Amplified Bible

For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things----
That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].
[We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened and all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy,

Personalized Confession:

I am filled with the full, deep, and clear knowledge of the Lord’s will in all spiritual wisdom, in total and complete insight into the ways of purposes of You God, in understanding and discernment of spiritual things.
I am walking , living and conducting myself in a manner worthy of You, Lord, fully pleasing to You and desiring to please You in all things. I delight myself in You, Lord, and You give me the desires of my heart.
I am bearing fruit in every good work.
I am steadily growing and increasing in the knowledge of You, God, with fuller, deeper, and clearer understanding of You.
My prayer is that I will be invigorated and strengthened with all power, all might according to Your glorious power.
Thank You, Lord, for filling me with your wisdom, with your understanding, with your desires and with your knowledge. Thank You for the nourishment I need to bear delicious fruit for the world to eat of Your goodness. I believe that the people I meet will desire You as their Lord and Savior when they taste and see that You are good, when they see the love You have for them because they have met me.