Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Confession Of Love

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone. This is the day that human love is displayed in all kinds of ways. Every day should be a day when we display God’s love in all kinds of ways. Today, tell the Lord how much you love Him and tell your spouse and children and parents how much you love them. But purpose in your heart that you will do this every day, not just on one special day designated as a day to express love.

We must remember that God’s love is not a feeling or a warm, fuzzy set of goose bumps. God’s love is a decision we make to love someone else, regardless of what they do. His love is not based on what others do or do not do to us or for us. His love just IS. GOD IS LOVE! In fact, the more others mistreat us, the more God’s love should be pouring out of us for that person. I know this is something all of us must work on every day, but it is possible to walk in love. Bro. Kenneth E. Hagin is the greatest example I know of anyone who walked in love. His ministry was truly an example for all of us. He was mistreated and persecuted, but he never retaliated. He simply loved everyone, regardless of what they did to him. If you are having difficulty loving someone today who is not very loveable, I suggest you purchase his book on Love, The Way to Victory and read it, along with the confession of the love scriptures.

As you may have surmised, I am going to give you scriptures on love to confess today and every day. Most of you already know them but it is good to refresh ourselves with the Word of God. Actually, these are scriptures we should be meditating on every day of our lives. I personalize them for our benefit.

Romans 5:5
I know how dearly God loves me because He has given me His Holy Spirit of love in my heart to pour forth His love everywhere I go and to everyone I see.

John 17:23,26
Father, I thank You that love me as you love Jesus and that You have made Your love available to me, that you have opened the way for Your love to be in me.

1 John 4:7,8 and Matthew 22:37-40
God, You are Love and with Your love I love You and I love others. I love You Lord my God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and I love my neighbor as myself. Thank You for giving me Your love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Amplified Bible
Lord, because Your Love is in me, I endure long and am patient and kind. I am never envious nor boil over with jealousy. I am not boastful or vainglorious and I do not display myself haughtily.
I am not conceited, arrogant and inflated with pride. I am not rude and unmannerly. I do not act unbecomingly. Because Your love is in me, God, I do not insist on my own rights or my own way for I am not self-seeking, touchy, fretful or resentful. I take no account of the evil done to me nor pay any attention to a suffered wrong.
I do not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but I rejoice when right and truth prevail.
I bear up under anything and everything that comes. I am ever ready to believe the best of every person. My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and I endure everything without weakening.
I never fail, fade out or become obsolete or come to an end.


The love of God is in me and His love never fails or comes to an end. When I am walking in love, I am walking in God, and God, Love, never fails. He, Love is never defeated and does not quit but always wins. I will walk in love and I will not be defeated or fail.