Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Words, Words, Words

The words we speak over ourselves determine our destiny and the words we speak over others influence their destinies. Words are powerful. God designed us as human beings to be speaking spirits. We have the ability to think and to reason. Our thoughts produce words. What is inside us in abundance will come out. The Bible tells us that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. That is a much more powerful statement than any of us realize. What we have put in our hearts in much thinking and meditating is what will come out of our mouths. As much as we attempt to restrain it, eventually we will speak what is in our hearts, what is in our thoughts, what we have been pondering and chewing on.

In Deuteronomy 30:19,20 we read these statements which are God’s instructions to us today, as well as the Israelites. He doesn’t change what He says. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. In my paraphrase, here is what the Lord was saying.

I call heaven and earth to record this day as a witness to you of the following facts of My Kingdom. I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore, you make the choice. I am strongly advising you to choose life so that you and your seed may live. Love Me with all your heart, your mind, your soul and your strength. Obey My voice. Cleave, cling to Me. Why am I advising you to do that? I AM your life. I AM the length of your days.
When you love me, obey me, cling to me, you are choosing Life for I AM Life; I AM Love.

God never tells us something to take things away from us. He is making every effort to get things to us. But we cannot receive what He is giving, if we are full of other things. We make the choices of what we believe and what we receive.

We must choose life and the way we choose the Life of God is through choosing to meditate on His Word and speak His Word. His Word must become our priority and our way of living. We must meditate, speak and do His Word.

Listen to these scriptures concerning words.
Romans 10:8-10
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith which we preach. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Psalm 119:130
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Hebrews 4:12 Amplified Bible
The Word that God speaks (and I speak) is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Psalm 119:89
Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens].

Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away.

John 6:63
Jesus said: It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Words are important to God. He is The Word. Let’s follow Him, the Word. Keep the Word ever before you, night and day, day and night. His Word will not return unto Him void, empty, without power. It will produce results.